Farm Alarm Detection System (FADS) Frameworks
Farms cover large areas of the total area in the Sultanate of Oman, and these farms need a high-quality security system against fires, which is the biggest threat to the lives of farmers. Farm Alarm Detection System (FADS) is one of the modern technologies that protect the property of individuals and groups that are rarely used at the present time. The principle work of the FADS is to sense the smoke associated with the occurrence of fires and then warn the farm owner of the possibility of a fire in a short period of time after sensing the smoke. The device emits an audible alarm and sends an SMS to the farm owner about the possibility of a fire, according to the amount of smoke sensed through the sensors. The architecture of this type of system requires four devices connected together to accomplish the job. The results showed that when smoke and toxic gases are formed in a specific proportion, the device triggers an alarm and sends a text message indicating the possibility of a fire.
- Kramp, T., Van Kranenburg, R., & Lange, S. (2013). Introduction to the Internet of Things. In Enabling Things to Talk (pp. 1-10). Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg.
- Ashton, K. (2017). That Internet of Things Thing. RFID Journal (2009). URL: http://www. rfidjournal. com/articles/view, 4986.
- Feng, X., & Wang, C. (2021, May). Research on Fire Alarm Computer Monitoring System in Fire Engineering. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series (Vol. 1915, No. 4, p. 042061). IOP Publishing.
- Gaur, A., Scotney, B., Parr, G., & McClean, S. (2015). Smart city architecture and its applications based on IoT. Procedia computer science, 52, 1089-1094.
- Bahrudin, M. S. B., Kassim, R. A., & Buniyamin, N. (2013, December). Development of fire alarm system using Raspberry Pi and Arduino Uno. In 2013 International Conference on Electrical, Electronics and System Engineering (ICEESE) (pp. 43-48). IEEE.
- Turci, L. D. O. (2017). Real-time operating system freertos application for fire alarm project in reduced scale. International Journal of Computing and Digital Systems, 6(04), 197-204.
- Elbehiery, H. (2008). Developed intelligent fire alarm system.
- Khin, J. M. M., & Oo, N. N. (2018). Real-Time Vehicle Tracking System Using Arduino, GPS, GSM and Web-Based Technologies. International Journal of Science and Engineering Applications, 7(11,433-436).
- Farm Alarm Detection System,
- Internet of Things,
- temperature sensor DHT11,
- gas sensor MQ-2,
- Unified Modeling Language
Copyright (c) 2022 Copyright (c) 2022 Author(s) of this work retain copyright and grant the journal right, publishing license of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution International License (CC BY 4.0). Author(s) and ACAA permit unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work with proper citation. ACAA publishing house is located in Oman / Sohar , Zip code 311. ISNI 0000 0004 9361 5767
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.